Friday, February 13, 2009

Little Sister




You have know that I have had problems with depression since I was in high school and that I have had to take anti-depressants and anti-psychotics for it. It wasn't until recently that you started to question my use of the anti-psychotics.
Here's the full story baby sister...
Ever since I was about five years old I began to have problems with depression. I was had a lot of "imaginary" friends that I never told people about. This was due to the fact that they scared me. I never understood why my friends scared me when ever other little kid played with theirs. It wasn't until I got older I started to realize what was going on with me.
There would be nights that I would wake up and hear noises that scared me, I would go to Mom and Dad's room only to find my imaginary friends in there only to get more frightened.
When our parents got a divorce, Mom started taking me to get help. After about a year of counseling I told the lady about the added problems that I had with my depression. This is where the anti-psychotics came in.
You see, I never did have imaginary friends and the noises I would weren't actually there. I hear things and see things that aren't actually there. I have had this problem ever since I can remember. To this day I still have that problem. It still scares me.
I have learned to accept the fact that I have a disorder and need medication to help me. It is a hard fact to deal with, but I know that it is what is best for me. I have been stubborn several times and taken myself off of my meds. When I do, I know that I shouldn't. It's just a fact of my life that I have a personality disorder and I need to accept that.
I know that it is hard for you to deal with needing medication, but trust me... it will get easier. More people will be understanding when they find out you take medication then you would think.

No comments:

Post a Comment