Thursday, February 5, 2009

My life as a single mom... by choice...


It has been almost a year since I left my soon-to-be ex-husband Jeffrey. In the past year I have really bettered my life. In the beginning I didn't think that I would make it. I never thought I was as strong of a person as what I have now found out that I am.
Jeffrey and I conceived our little boy, Gregory, not long after we graduated high school. We got married August 2006, I was three months along at that point. The marriage was destined for failure, yet I still attempted. The entirety of our marriage we constantly at each others throats. I was a stay-at-home taking care of Greg 24/7. Once I realize that this was not the road I wanted to take for the rest of my life I applied for jobs. I got hired on at Wal-Mart Supercenter. I will be working there for a year February 15. Jeffrey and I called it quits not long after that. He now is living with his girlfriend and her two daughters. He is a lot happier with her, in return I am happy for him. I am glad that he found some one to make him happy. They plan on getting married.
I met the love of my life, Corey, working at Wal-Mart. We started dating in October. Though we haven't been together very long, I know that this is the feeling that I should have felt when Jeffrey and I got married. He treats my son as if he was his own. They are so cute together. We already have talked about getting married. Although that won't be for awhile. I do want to at least be officially engaged soon. Corey treats my like a goddess. He even calls me his princess. I have never been so happy.
I'm back at square one... and it's never felt better.

No comments:

Post a Comment